Exclusive video interviews with the creators of the films featured in
"Animationism - All Creativity Welcomed -." The interviews, filmed in the
animators' studios, reveal their perspectives on filmmaking,
how their short films were created, and much more.
KAWAJIRI Masanao / Animation director
A Japanese Boy Who Draws (2018)
- Please tell us about "A Japanese Boy Who Draws." What new challenges did you want to take on? What are the highlights?
- Are the drawings from the early scenes actual drawings from when you were younger?
- What works or artists (animators or otherwise) have inspired you?
The theme of this year is "ANIMATIONISM - All Creativity Welcomed -."
What are your principles when it comes to animation? What are you trying to do as an animator?
- What do you plan to do in animation in the future?
- Please share your message for young people studying animation.