Exclusive video interviews with the creators of the films featured in
"Animationism - All Creativity Welcomed -." The interviews, filmed in the
animators' studios, reveal their perspectives on filmmaking,
how their short films were created, and much more.
YAMAMURA Koji / Professor, Animation director, Illustrator
Dreams into Drawing (2019)
- Please tell us about "Dreams into Drawing." What did you want to express? What were your themes?
- I really liked the art style of "Dreams into Drawing." Do you think that old Edo art is the origin of Japanese animation?
- What works or artists (animators or otherwise) have inspired you?
The theme of this year is "ANIMATIONISM - All Creativity Welcomed -."
What are your principles when it comes to animation? What are you trying to do as an animator?
- What do you plan to do in animation in the future?
- Please share your message for young people studying animation.